COVID-19 Instructor Procedures
We’re so glad we can finally get back on the dance floor again! There’s just a couple of little things that we need you to adhere to, to ensure we can keep everyone safe throughout the session.
As a company, we commit to the following:
- We have asked the venues to provide a room/studio that is large enough to allow for social distancing to be maintained for the size of the group.
- Where possible, we have asked for all windows to be opened in the room you are using prior to your arrival. Please do not open/close these yourself to minimise risk of contamination.
- We have requested that all equipment and sounds systems are cleaned and sterilised prior to your arrival.
- Online disclaimers are completed by our clients prior to the class as per our normal procedures, to minimise the spread of any infection.
- We have asked all venues to carry out appropriate risk assessments prior to your arrival and make us aware in advance if there are any additional considerations that you need to be aware of.
- We have asked all venues to provide hand sanitiser for use by yourself and your clients whilst on the premises.
- All our clients have been advised of our new procedures, to assist in the smooth running of your session, including arriving ready to dance where possible. Clients are also aware that they should not attend if they appear to be showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
As an instructor, you will be expected to do the following:
- Please ensure that you take a face mask/covering with you, as the venue you are using may request that you wear one, particularly in communal areas.
- You should also wash your hands regularly, as well as taking hand sanitiser with you to use throughout the session. As above, this SHOULD be provided by the venues; however, this may not be the case in every instance.
- If you don’t already, please take your own bottle of water with you as this may not currently be provided by the venue.
- As per our normal procedures, you should also take your own sound system and a bottle of bubbly for the client, as well as wearing your Bounce Studios t-shirt to ensure that you are clearly recognisable at all times.
- On arrival, before meeting your group, please make yourself known to the reception staff, confirm any health and safety procedures and protocols that are in place and double check which facilities (toilets, changing areas etc) can be used by your group.
- Once set up, please meet your clients OUTSIDE the venue. If the weather does not allow for this, please check with the venue to arrange an alternative meeting point for your group and communicate with your client via text.
- Before bringing your group into the venue, you must check whether anyone currently has any of the COVID-19 symptoms (high temperature, a new and continuous cough, or loss of smell or taste). If so, you should advise them that they are not permitted to enter the building and take part in the class. Your clients have been made aware of this.
- You must wait for all participants to be present before moving them to the hired space as a group.
- Prior to starting your class, you must carry out your usual health and safety checks, reminding all participants to maintain social distancing throughout. Try to choreograph with social distancing in mind, including minimal group work, lifts and close physical contact where possible.
- Try to reduce the intensity of the class to minimise heavy breathing and therefore reduce the spread of infection.
- When teaching, we recommend using a head mic if you have one to reduce the need to raise your voice. Alternatively, consider reducing the volume of the music, and using hand/arm signals where possible.
- Please continue to take photos and videos of the group (providing they are happy for you to do so). Ideally, these should be taken on your own device to minimise the risk of contamination.
- At the end of the class, please give the bottle of bubbly to the VIP as usual, and ensure that the group leave together, taking all belongings with them.
Thanks again for your co-operation with the above and please do not hesitate to ask if you require clarification on any of the above.